Wednesday, July 7, 2010

When is Enough enough?

Today has been difficult for my old man. The air is heavy and hot, like being inside of a clothes dryer. I guess I should be happy that the humidity is relatively low.

The coughing led me to giving him a dose of Banamine. It seems to relax him a bit and that is what he needs. He still hasn't consumed an entire meal. He is totally disinterested in his favorite treat--root beer barrels--however did take a few carrots from me.

Perhaps he is worried about his dental hygiene?

So it leads me to wonder, while I look at my huffing and puffing horse-- when IS enough enough? Will I be able to make a decision? Can he just make it for himself?? Maybe he is-- Curse this part. Curse it to hell.

I am going out to check on him for the 12th or 13th time today. He is sick of me, but too bad. I have to keep on validating my decisions. Keep asking God to see him through my eyes and help me to do what is right. To have Parlay look at me and try to get whatever vibes I can from him to do whatever it is that he needs.

When IS enough enough??

No comments:

Post a Comment